Daily life Right after Higher education: How to Get a Career, Dealing with Debt, My Experiences

In this video I will be sharing all of my private ordeals with regards to school, university student loans, money hardships, nailing an interview and receiving a occupation! If you fellas like this video- you should share!

Comply with Me:
Instagram: @lustrelux
Snapchat: Lusterlux
Twitter: @lustrelux

I hope you fellas have had a good knowledge immediately after graduating or what ever adjustments you went via in your changeover into adulthood.
Please remark and let me know the worries that you have confronted or that you are at present struggling with. I encourage all people to address the responses like a chat room discussion board, let us enable every other and help one another!

Content articles I assume are a very good browse:

Sites I propose:
Glassdoor:
LinkedIn:

All ideas and views expressed in this video were being my have. Please use my advice and guidelines with discretion! Just about every human being has a diverse upbringing and a diverse design and style of finding out. Please recall to respect those that have diverse beliefs than your have.

1. Thank you. I needed this at the moment.

2. I have been subscribed to you for a while but I have never came across this video. I from Sacramento it's so dope that your like from the same place I am!

3. I learned so much about you from this video, kudos to you Katy! Lots of respect ❤❤❤

4. welp

5. I'm from Sacramento Roseville 😱👯👯👯👯👯👯👯👯👯👯👯👯👯👯👯👯👯👯👯👯👯👯👯👯👯👯👯👯👯👯👯👯👯👯👯👯👯👯👯👯

6. I'm a junior in college and I really needed this. 😭😭 really appreciate this video😭

7. Thank you for sharing this video !!! You have helped me a lot ! 🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🦋🦋🦋🦋

8. you're so smart and grounded , really loved this !

9. Thank you for being so real, I really appreciated this video. You seem so down to earth and cool. I have a similar story, and interests! Did you go to beauty school right after college and how did you know that is what you wanted to do? Also, what exactly do you do at Sephora and how did you get your job/when, was it right after college?

10. s/o to you for this video!!!! So helpful!!! Thank you :))))) ❤

11. It's 2017 – just graduated from college, watched this video and seriously helped me SO much 😭. Currently in the process of trying to find a job and sorta kinda lost! Aha but this video gave me that little boost! Thanks Katy love youuu! ♥️

12. Katy!! I live in Sacramento and I love going to Roseville Galleria! I'm moving to the bay soon after I graduate and after watching your videos I feel like I'm seeing actual footage of my future self being successful… if that makes sense? These are so helpful much love xoxo

13. 18 year olds go to the military or into the trades, unless you go into nursing.

14. Graduated in 2015, with a lot of debt and no job lined up which led to a lot of depression. I recently got a full time job and I'm finally starting to make some money. I'm so glad I came across this video. I know I'm not alone.

15. Speak to me Katy!!!! Definitely needed to hear this! At 26 I'm feeling like I'm at a dead end, watching my life go by. I am the only one who can make myself happy!! And I need to start utilizing those resources! Please girl, we need a Part 2! How did you get to where you are now?

16. your teeth and eyes are so white . how do u get them to b that?

17. I really needed to hear all of this. I am about to graduate and in the position of "floating around". This helped reassure me a lot. Also, many things you've said is what I support or think, too. I look towards you! Love you!

18. I love Glassdoor! I've used it a lot when applying for jobs, to see where I'd like to work.

I got the job I have now through a former manager that I happened to keep up with every so often. I had gotten the job we had worked at previously through a temp agency. I was very lucky, because it's always been very difficult for me to find work.

19. I am soooo happy I came across your video!!! I've been having pity parties in my head since October 😣😥😭…. I am in a stuck position have no clue what to do with myself and feel like my train is rolling so I have to be fast. 😓 But this is sooooo encouraging and uplifting 😊 thank you lots!!!

20. Thank you so much for this video. I don't see a lot of youtubers (or people in general) talk in-depth about the transition phase from gradation to employment. I recently graduated from college and I'm that 20-something year old finding my passion, defining my version of success and facing rejection. Thank you for being open and honest in this video, keep up the great work!

21. I have a similar background (going into college and during college as far as not knowing what I'm doing). I relate to ALL of this.

22. There are better ways of making money without a degree.
    You have like a million subs on Youtube. I am sure you're making over 10 thousand dollars per month.
    There are also other passive ways of making a large income as well.

23. im a Long Beach State alumni!! Class of 2015! go 49ers!! i loved that school!

24. Did you apply at Sac State?

25. the struggle is real

26. I enjoyed this video soooo much! I'm graduating college in 3 weeks with my BS, and this helped so much! Please do more, love it and you! 💕

27. Girl. Yes this is so spot on. I'm 29 and still trying to figure out where I belong 😔

28. It also helps to be a early 20's girl like you to get a job.

29. I'm so happy I found this video!!!

30. Im so glad you did this video. I know lots of people out there experience just hanging on nothingness after so much expectations and not knowing what to do next, but actually hearing someones story in detail gives a much more in-depth feel about its reality and what you can do about the situation. I graduated college in 2011 and im still not where i want to be. I mean, i have a small business that i earn adequately from, but its still not what i really want to do and im still finding my way to where i really wanna be. Knowing your story is a good way to reflect on what reality is and that life is hard, but you just gotta power through for your own good. Thanks for sharing this.

31. Well said! Been there and done everything you said. So true about transferring and not having a clue what to do after college. You should speak at high schools. They need to be more educated on what to expect. I'm kinda new to your channel. When did you meet your husband? How? Also, how did you meet Desi? Love LOVE your channel. Your personality is so awesome. I think you are so funny and I love that about you. You are really good at what you do. Xo

32. What a great video. It's so nice to see Katie be so transparent and just honest! And she did this video at a time when she was still new to you tube

33. Watching this today in Nov 3rd, 2016 and I'm crying because everything that you said really helped me get a different point of view and know that I'm not alone. I'm a mom of 2 boys and married, starting school again and I'm getting so anxious to start because I really hope to get a job after graduating. Thanks so much for making this video even though it's an older video. Love you so much!!

34. Thank you for sharing. I'm late watching this but I'm glad I watched it nevertheless. It's true. In high school you're told that once you complete your education, you're set, but after graduating I had a similar experience. I had a degree but I just didn't have experience in my field and I had a really hard time finding a job. It all felt like it was all a lie. I just wish someone would've been honest with me and would've shared the other side of the story sooner rather than having to find out on my own. It's still good to hear that I'm not the only one out there who had to struggle after graduating. Thanks again.

35. I just saw this video. And thank you so much for all your advice, I am extremely motivated now, sometimes it's very hard for me to stay motivated because I went to school and graduated with a Hospitality manage degree B.S after I graduated in 2014 I got engaged 😊 and then married in 2015 so I decided to stay in my old job until after the 👰🏼 after that I got a job at […] but it's not my dream job as for right now and I know there's no such thing as dream job but it's not where I see myself growing and making a career out of it, but it's really hard especially when I go to interviews and I feel super confident and they I get noticed that I didn't get the job. So thank you so much this video was so real and honest and it gave me hope and motivation to keep going. Love you Katy

36. Love this Katie!

37. As soon as you said it may have taken you longer than others to graduate, but you still did… really helps tbh tbh. I'm already my second year in a JC & still indecisive on my major. 🙁 Thanks Katy ♥

38. I went through the same exact process (from being uneducated about choosing a college at 17/ to partying too much/ not taking advantage of any scholarships/ internships/ & ending up a 21 yr old with a degree but not much else) I learned that putting yourself first is the ultimate game changer. I had so much depression & anxiety all throughout hs & I never told anyone. So going to college was a bad choice at the time- but I felt this pressure that if I didn't go right away I would be considered a failure. I now know for a fact that a gap year before college- in order to get help- would have saved me a lot of stress & further depression. It's all up to the individual- but if you are extremely unsure of going to college, or only going because you feel pressured by your family/society, please consider taking a break for even a semester (at least) to get an outline of a plan or get help for any issues. Because in terms of mental health- there should be no greater priority. And college will always be there in the end. You are not a failure if you take a needed break to work on your happiness. Hope everyone's having a lovey day xx

39. this was the realest video! thank you for that Reply

40. Katy I needed this so bad. Im at the end of my second year in a business degree with a major in economics. I have no clue what I want to do when I finish university. So thankyou for this

41. This has honestly been so great to hear, i'm graduating in 3 weeks (Australia Semesters)and this has made me feel so much better

42. i graduated two years ago, did well in school, had one internship with a very reputable organization, and still can't find a job. i don't think there's really any formula to it at all. it seems really to be luck at the end of the day. i bust my ass reaching out to people and applying for things and networking, and it doesn't work at all. maybe in a year i'll have something, but i think it really is all luck. i wish i knew what else i had to do. i know this comment isn't going to help anyone and i don't know how you'd help me, i just feel so defeated right now and i had to share my post-college experience. even hard work doesn't give you a guarantee.

43. What major did she take in college?

44. Im attending a job and internship fair tomorrow and i seriously cant tell you how helpful the glass door app was. Relieved so much anxiety.

45. how have I never seen this vid before?? This is so incredibly helpful since I'm about to start nursing school. thanks girl!

46. ❤️